Thursday, November 18, 2010

In need of juice

Last evening's play was met by a minor scare when my volume suddenly took a dip then died. Silence. The amplifier giving way? Guitar giving way? What was it? My amp's LED was still burning bright, so were the LEDs of the other pedals in use. My first diagnosis was the guitar since it has no light indicators to imply its working condition. A straight through plug in revealed that my amp & guitar to be in OK condition. So I had to test each & every pedal in use; the culprit was my Cool Cat chorus. Strangely, the dying battery still had enough power to keep the LED going.

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

remember my entry about china batteries? hehehe...

subversion.sg said...

i prefer batteries :-)

Bux Bug said...

why batteries?i always forgot to change and usually died while at the studio and end up using the tokey's adaptor

subversion.sg said...

i don't have a need to ensure regular power supply when i play because most of the time, i don't have pedals in the line-up :-) guitar + amp.