Thursday, November 4, 2010

DODs

DOD pedals were firm alternatives to the BOSSes back in the '80s - '90s. What I like about them were those super sensitive switches which would activate the unit via a mere touch. Battery access was also via a flip hatch as opposed to the BOSS access where unscrewing is necessary. The DOD brand name ventured into digital applications & gave birth to a sister brand name, Digitech. Ironically, the Digitech label took over proceedings at the turn of the century reproducing many of the DOD tones but manifesting them in the Digitech pedal design.

I own 4 DOD units, 3 of which are seen here (I can't seem to locate my Death Metal unit in the mean time...) the Supra Distortion saw missing knob caps exposing the screw heads inside. The DD/ Sampler pedal was my attempt to steer away fro the BOSS digital delays which were battery eaters because back then, acquiring a PSU for any pedal wasn't as easy as buying a 1-Spot unit today. The DOD EQ was also another BOSS digression, I prefer this EQ unit due to its wider range; -18/+18 vs BOSS' -15/+15.

9 comments:

reuel said...

wow sub!! just how long have u been in the music scene!! lol...

subversion.sg said...

got my first electric in 1991... :-)

reuel said...

hahaha thats long!! think i was still learning to walk then LOL!!

subversion.sg said...

he he... i am the only child in the family, i tend to keep myself occupied; the guitar is one of my indulgences.

reuel said...

same same haha!!

suar said...

nice gadgets ar bro.

suar said...

ive been hunting for dod.

subversion.sg said...

what's your sentimentality with this brand name, bro?

zazin said...

well, grunge blew my mind bro!