Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blatant piracy

I am at it again, despite the previous backlash but my concern here is primarily the exposing of fakes. This is not an exercise in proving a fake, the product concerned IS a fake. If you wish to believe otherwise because it sports your beloved brand name on the headstock, it's all up to you. I'm not here to breed any dissent either, I just don't want buyers out there to be duped.

The pic above shows a fake Ibanez JEM77FP2. It's rather difficult to tell but the cutaway would trigger some suspicions if you are already familiar with an Ibanez RG/ JEM design.

The current JEM77FP2 features an Edge whammy bridge, the model above is not an Edge unit.
We know this because an Edge bridge does not have the 'Overlord of Music' stamped on its parts... tsk, tsk, tsk.
The same store offers a fake Gibson Les Paul whose authenticity I would not bother discussing here because the store owner made this declaration:


All of my product are 100% same as the photos,
what you see is what you get ! !The products are MADE IN CHINA however with good quality and best value you can ever find. You will receive brilliant products that worth what you have paid. so please feel free to put order with us .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is this store?

TK said...

are the products the same price as retail price or dead cheap? if they're dead cheap i wouldn't mind, get something like that JEM just to show off to people who don't know better =P

Anonymous said...

I was in Ho Chi Minh city last week and i went to 2 stores selling fake Yamaha, Fender & Ibanez. Price was around SGD$250.

But then again, why play a fake? It is like eating cardboard pau :)

Fitch

Ijau D. Koceng said...

"It is like eating cardboard pau"

good point there bro, hahaha...

subversion.sg said...

pirated products involve the misappropriation of resources. people are also capitalizing on dishonesty. we should keep this in mind, always.

73challenger503 said...

I purchased a fake JEM 7VW from the tradetang site(knowing it was a fake) for $300 and free shipping. I changed out the cheap FR with the correct lo-Pro Edge and this baby shreds. The PU's say there Dimarzio and, if there not, they sure sound like the Evolutions I have on any of my authentic Ibanez guitars. Also, the neck says Team J Craft(Japan)and it looks and plays authentic, even abalone leaf inlays. I've spent thousands on Ibanez products so I don't feel bad about going cheap on this one.