Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ibanez: Marty Friedman signature

We've seen this guitar before; it's the Ibanez Marty Friedman signature model. You've no interest in it whatsoever because of those repulsive stars in there, yes? It's made to the endorser's specs so if those stars in there put you off, it's personal...

Anyway, I was looking for info pertaining to the MFM2, a later incarnation which is more peculiar than its predecessor as it features only a kill switch- no knobs whatsoever. I'm quite a sucker for a single pickup guitar but the MFM2 won't make it here anytime soon in view of the cold reception of the MFM1... *bummer*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that fcking guitar is ugly

subversion.sg said...

i'm not too keen on the cosmetics either but having tried Version 1 personally, the feel & tone (especially) are great.

Anonymous said...

I own this guitar and its sweet.Perhaps its a little to happy for you. Stop being depressed and move on.

subversion.sg said...

i don't get you- depressed over...?

Anonymous said...

i like it...but i wouldn't but it. SORRY MARTY!!!

Anonymous said...

I own the guitar a while now, the first MFM1.
Did not know it, just took it over from someone in my band.
Tried it in rehersels and liked it
in a split second. I quess Im the only one that likes the whole guitar included "the stars".
Maybe it`s because my band is called Starchild.
But no kidding later I found out from who the guitar was, by Friedman. First I loved the guitar, than I read about it.
I DO LOVE IT, sorry....

subversion.sg said...

it's really a good guitar per se, regardless who's signature it bears :-)