Sunday, August 24, 2008

Memories...

My daughter was playing with some stuff I still keep for the memories, I can still remember specific occurences during some of the shows/ events:

Top row: (L-R)
  • Marty Friedman clinic- Friedman appeared in platform shoes, played some Megadeth instrumental medley, explained why he moved to Ibanez
  • Gary Hoey Clinic- Hoey promoting Fender's Cyber Twin amp
  • Joe Satriani clinic (event was cancelled)

Middle row: (L-R)

  • Frank Gambale clinic- Beez actually called me to inform me of this memorable clinic. Gambale just had his new Yamaha signature guitar out so he was explaining the unique features like the Fret Wave & rear pickup installation, among others. During the autograph session, I wished Gambale a safe journey to his next destination; the man called me back as I was walking away & shook my hand one more time- allegedly, I was the first fan to have done so...
  • Billy Sheehan clinic- It's a Yamaha clinic but I made Mr. Sheehan sign a poster featuring his long-time Fender P-bass (his 'wife' as he affectionately called it).
  • Foo Fighter/ Sonic Youth concert- people were shouting for Sonic Youth to come on during the FF slot...

Bottom row: (L-R)

  • Harry Connick Jr concert- Harry Connick is one of the best musician in my books
  • Metallica concert- not too pleased with the show because I was at the rear, every time the music came on, it's one loud buzz with no darn definition whatsoever
  • MAD (Musicians Against Drugs) show @ Ayer Rajah CC- I'm a friend of Stomping Ground's guitarist, Zahid. He gave me one ticket to watch him play but I bought another for a friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sub, Zahid from Stompin Ground... are you referring to Zachariah Elias, the former guitarist during the Vector Prime era? Cos he was my schoolmate from poly.

subversion.sg said...

yes, that's the Zahid I'm refering to. he's my childhood friend when i was still staying @ Aljunied...