Monday, August 4, 2008

Joe Satriani: Engines of Creation

Still digging into my CD collection- my fav Satriani release has to be Engines of Creation, much to the dismay of Surfing with The Alien lovers, of course. Why does this release hit the right notes with me? Most probably because it moved away from the conventional guitar+bass+drum line-up. Much of the materials here are Satch's fine playing, backed up by machines. If you are master of your occupation, it doesn't matter what you do to further your cause, you would still command respect (just don't lose focus).

2 comments:

El Puerco del Deseo said...

I love this album!!! you have a good musical taste :D I also liked the fact that the strongest feature of this release was that it went away from the Satch's style...as well as from the whole musical world by that time

subversion.sg said...

this is the OTHER Satch, still in command, still lethal.