Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back from the dead

My Fender 50th Anniversary Strat under-went an electronics overhaul (less the pickups) recently. The knobs, due to oxidation caused by regular play, were stuck & the 5-way switch lost that detent feel. I'm not too particular with exact replacements, the purist owners would argue that I'd lose some of the tonal authenticity with non-exact substitutes but this is the least of my worries as I have faith in the GOTOH parts I acquired for this guitar, ditto the 5-way Ernie Ball switch I have in there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet Strat, man! as far as the parts you chose and the Fender purist argument - do you own the guitar to play it or to collect it? if it's to play, then put in it what makes it sounds good and doesn't break the bank - good choices on the parts. if you're collecting, then - well... don't play it and it won't hve those problems. :)

subversion.sg said...

thanks for the compliments. i bought this strat because it responds incredibly to overdrive which is what i play most of the time, cleans are for the days i get absolutely bored.

i don't collect guitars for the sake of it, i play them.

Anonymous said...

Sub, when's the "bass addict" gonna start? :)

~1mband~

subversion.sg said...

he he, did i promise one?

Anonymous said...

When you do start one, your blog content is gonna get richer. Looking forward to your quest on bass collection. ~1mband~

subversion.sg said...

hmm... my bass affilition is limited, really. it's a discourse instrument for days when i get bored/ uninspired...