Friday, March 20, 2009

Smash it again (2)!

I've decided to not whammy with my Smash S2 Lite, so 2 more vibrato bridge springs were installed. Is this necessary? The 2 added springs prevent the bridge from jerking up during bends, if the bridge moves, the pitch would run.

I've also installed a set of graphite string saddles (this time it's the Graph Tech version) not because it's addressing a pertinent string breakage issue but rather a tone enhancement move (adding a little more brightness in the output) & the fact that these saddles do not feature protruding action adjustment screws which are murderous to the picking hand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear sub,

How are the graphite string saddles?
I just found a squier '51 and I intend to mod the bridge, would you recommend the graphite bridge?

I play blues and some rock, would the bridge give a better sound? (:

subversion.sg said...

hi there :-)

1. you need to measure your 51's saddles from width to width. proceed to the shops to see if there are any matching set, otherwise, it's a futile exercise.

2. the graphite material addresses string breakage primarily, this should be the primary consideration

3. i equipped mine with these because i have a set in another guitar (Highway1 strat) & it does give off a little brightness in the output but it's squarely subjective- some people just can't hear the diff...

Anonymous said...

I see,

Thank you so much for your help sub, I really appreciate it!

Another thing if you don't mind..

I also plan to replace the stock pickups. As I don't know how it will sound, is it a wise move?

I like the jimi kind of tone and I do have my jazz + blues moments too..

Anonymous said...

Hello subversion,
Does the smash s2 lite keep its tune well?