Thursday, June 25, 2009

Know what you sell

I was invited over to a colleague's apartment today to help check out a guitar which a friend of his was interested in acquiring. The preliminary info through telecon was that it's an American '72 Telecaster, the asking price was $800.00...

Upon reaching the destination, the guitar which greeted me was a Japanese Aerodyne Telecaster (pic above). It was, at best, in a 7.5/10 condition. The most worrying wear I came across was its rather excessive neck pocket gap, I heard the neck creaked when I gave it a slight jerk; this was rather distressing.

I'm not saying, in any way, the Aerodyne Telecaster is an inferior Fender to be sacrificing one's cash for. It's rather troubling that there're people today who would represent their assets errorneously in light of a commercial transaction. Would you buy this guitar after knowing the truth of the situation, despite acknowledging the fact that Japanese Fenders are some of the most respectable guitars out there?

No comments: