Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Remembering my ex... (Part 5)

I used to own the Sound Drive 60W solidstate combo amp which sounds very tube-like with lots of warmth & clarity. This is one of those very numbered units which sound very inviting in clean mode as well; the Celestion speaker is largely attributable to this ear candy.

If you are a drive/distortion fan, you'd like what this amp has to offer. However, if you do pedals in your set up, you'd be surprised to know the clean channel's acceptance of your fav stomp boxes.

If I love this amp so much, then why did I sell it away? Simple. I bought the head version of this amp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello Sub,
it doesn't sound nor feel like tube at all to my ears. i tried one at standard value, well infact, 2 different ones.

juju

subversion.sg said...

maybe to you, that was the case. this Sound Drive has that polished, Marshall 'brown sound'; very high gain yet retaining single note clarity.

well, some of us hear it, some of us don't.