Tuesday, June 2, 2009

T-Rex: Tonebug Overdrive

It's midway through 2009 & this is my first pedal for the year; yes, I'm not a pedal fan, I like a straight-through plug in, yes?

The T-Rex Tonebug Overdrive debuted only this February. It had been there all along at Davis GMC's display case but I have been on a pickup lookout so it was 'invisible' until recently, of course. I'm only keen on any overdrive unit if it's appealing when used in conjunction with an already overdriven/ distorted amp; as a (drive-type) booster function to the rest of us.

The Tonebug Overdrive, as a stand-alone unit, offers a slightly more raspy sounding tone than the average OD unit; you can say it's heading in the (BOSS) Blues Driver direction but nothing too protrusive in the upper end frequencies. It's definitely more forceful than the proverbial Tubescreamer.

What: T-Rex Tonebug Overdrive
How much: $165 (list)
Where to get: Davis GMC

No comments: