Monday, June 8, 2009

Remembering my ex... (Part 3)

One of the smaller amps I used to own was VOX's DA5. It's the manufacturer's direct competition to Roland's Micro CUBE model; something very portable, has a battery power alternative & very easy to use. Despite sporting a very small driver (6.5" only...), the DA5 manifests some appealing tones. I prefer the DA5 to any other mini amps in the market back then as it featured a power reduction unit which made the amp very saturated-sounding under lots of drive (this feature is now standard in many digital modelling amps). It's still the amp I recommend if you are looking for something above-average in this price/ service bracket.

2 comments:

kuang89 said...

Hi, this is my blog, pls check it out. sloopyguitarist.blogspot.com
I cannot play guitar well but like reviewing gear. Thanks for your guidance....

subversion.sg said...

playing well will come to you soon enough if you continue to persevere & revise your capacity regularly. At least that's what happened to me... :-)