Monday, June 1, 2009

Remembering Palmer

I was digging into my forgotten CD collection (largely regrettable grunge stuff...) when I stumbled upon Robert Palmer's Honey which triggered lots of memories... I purchased this CD at Stamford Road's MPH outlet, the place where I spent my lonely teenage years browsing through guitar magazines for hours. Honey featured Extreme's Nuno Bettencourt on guitars who was actually one of the formidable players I look up to back then (no, not because of More Than Words- Bettencourt's equally capable with solos as well as rhythm, that was my reverence for this chap...).

All in all, Honey contained some of the most relaxing pop tunes I've come across & it wasn't a regrettable acquisition. The year was 1994... I wonder what you were doing back then...

RIP: Robert Allen Palmer (1949-2003)

PS: Honey, if you are reading this, I remember you...

No comments: