Monday, December 21, 2009

Tuners

So which tuners do I use? As above:
  • KORG Pitch Black: I need a tuner with a strobe function for intonation adjustments (to increase the degree of accuracy) & something that can serve me in my effects chain without being too obnoxious in appearance. The Pitch Black has it for me in this light & it's reasonably priced as well. The PB allows me to adopt silent tuning & it conjures a haunting presence in dark performance venues; imagine people looking at your pedal board & not expecting to see the PB (because it's black- duh!) & suddenly when they least expected, you step on an 'invisible' presence & it brings your wayward guitar back in tune... Evil! Ha, ha, ha!
  • SEIKO STX-1: I also need a tuner which can serve me without the need to plug in, so the clip-on STX-1 is my pick because it responds well & features a good display panel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i see that u're an avid fan of ibanez yes? wana ask u a ques. can u tell me how much a rg3120 1st hand would cost and what're the original pickups? can u tell me alsowhat are the things to look out for when buyin a 2nd guitar? i don't wanna get scam as its my 1st time buyin from someone else.

thanks.

subversion.sg said...

the RG3120 is discont'd. when it was still available, dealers here listed it for $3K+

original pickups for this model were:

NECK:DiMarzio PAF Pro
BRIDGE: DiMarzio Tone Zone

if you have any links to this guitar, please let me know/ share so that i can share its authenticity. i'm no real expert but i believe i can tell the immitations (so far, no such cases unlike the JEM models).

Anonymous said...

bro, i want... that rabbit... =)
the pitchblack tuner is a great product from Korg.
~1mband~

subversion.sg said...

he he... that bunny's not mine. i don't give a hoot about pedal type tuners but the Pitch Black i like.