Sunday, December 20, 2009

Vaibanez

Steve Vai on way Ibanez is the guitar for him:

"When I was younger I had Strats & I love Les Pauls and Firebirds & all that stuff, but none of them could deliver the nuances and idiosyncrasies of the way I play."

When we choose an instrument, we sometimes do it in haste for many reasons (I'm guilty of this myself) but there is a need to assess the value of our selections because the instruments serve our needs & personal quirks as crucially highlighted by Commander Vai above. We often let the brand name get to us, the very fact that well known professionals swear by these names further heightened our desires to want one very badly. Nevertheless, the pertinent question to ask is whether our wants would serve us personally. We must be objective & have this in mind when buying an instrument. Disregard the brand name & embrace the one that has something in store for us in terms of feel & tone. I personally deem these considerations crucial.

No comments: