Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The different argument

I don't like to argue. Not me. Especially with someone in cyberspace. I don't know you that well to dismiss you for who you are. More so when you are a faceless entity out there... Please, the internet could do better than be a bickering platform. It should bring people closer to be friends, not otherwise.

Enough of that, let's get straight to the point. I was talking about the RG350 (above), which in my opinion is among the most affordable dual action whammy equipped Ibanez RG model out there as it sports a respectable (Edge Zero II) bridge.

But the individual at the other end of the conversation tersely disagreed & cited the RG350 as one of the most forgettable players in its range as it has a lemon bridge in there. But I insisted the RG350 to be otherwise so the debate continued for quite a bit, getting into the mechanics of things- it got a little fanatical until I re-checked the records only to realize that, unlike us lucky dweebs here, some people further away from us are still receiving an RG350 with an Edge III bridge. So that settled it.

And what the heck was I doing fending off criticism for a brand name which has no formal associations with me? AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH...!!

10 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

even with edge-III, price-wise, RG350M still one of the best RG out there...

subversion.sg said...

Waiting to grab one myself, just not a yellow finish :-)

Ijau D. Koceng said...

feels somewhat regret letting go mine few months back

hopefully someday, someday, that RGM finish arrive here in SEA market

YusTech said...

I'm a two spring person,The Edge Zero II is according to my personal setup plus its 2 system in one guitar.Its the most practical,less tools needed.Thumbs up Ibanez.

The Edge III however is and hopefully was the dumbest Trem system from Ibanez.Thumbs down Ibanez.

Speaking from my Teaching and Guitar Tech experience.

Thank you.

subversion.sg said...

Edge III to me was a big step by ibanez in being practical. I've gone through other horror articles like the ILT & TRS bridges...

XenoZeno said...

My edge III sucks. Others have different opinions about how theirs work. Just not mine.

subversion.sg said...

the general sentiment i get when talking to others about the Edge III is that it could have been better... we take the cue from Ibanez in relegating it to the GIO models :-P

Nik said...

I actually loved my Edge 3, till the knife edges wore out after a year. I'm glad the Original Floyd Rose was a direct replacement though.

subversion.sg said...

the Edge III isn't a BAD one to begin with, i think we could all agree to that. it's just not a favoured model...

YusTech said...

After discovering the advantage,Fix Bridge ability ,the Smooth response of Edge Zero,Edge Zero II,ZR and ZR II.

I recommended it to all of my student and Beginners.

I'm impartial.If there's anything good and practical coming from any company.I will gladly put out a good word about it.

Same goes for bad,dumb,cheat and impractical invention.

To any potential Ibanez RG buyers.
Buy the model that has the letter "Z" after the model number.e.g RG350DXZ,RG470AHZ,etc..

Avoid the old badge e.g RG350DX,etc..

Its could be a RM1600 mistake.Haha.

This is a good topic.Thank Sub,for highlighting it.:)