Monday, May 21, 2012

Ibanez: RGD7421

My new guitar is the humble Ibanez RGD7421. It's already an extended scale model (26.5") & the fact that it features an extra 7th string, it means I could achieve some low notes here without too much trouble. I'm not too keen on the finish- it's another black guitar.

Rear view. Great construction & playability, default action was not the most comfortable, I've come across other appealing set-ups. The good people at Swee Lee were unable to do some set-ups of their own because this was taken right out of the box & into my possession; I was there during the revelation, he he... The tiger sticker you see there was given by my colleague, Cynthia. She had seen me blew my top at some people & told me I was beyond a furious tiger; so I learnt something new about myself.

The RGD7421 is one of the new instruments in store to receive Swee Lee's revised pricing: $880 (NETT).

2 comments:

Nik said...

I like how they gave it the dot inlays and toggle switch as opposed to the previous RGD7321. How are you liking the matte finish?

subversion.sg said...

i do own the RGD321; happy with that too. i've nothing against satin finished bodies, this isn't my first but personally, i like what it has to offer in terms of midrange enhancements :-)