Monday, June 3, 2013

Ibanez: FR420

The Ibanez FR series are not new this year but they were only available here in January 2013. This was definitely on my to-get list, it's a simple guitar, testing the player for his abilities more than a testimony of having locking hardware in an instrument & making the owner feel good. I held back because the FR420 was introduced this year so I was really hoping it's gonna make it to these shores, otherwise, I have to make arrangements for special purchases which I know will not make me happy (extra costs involved- GRRR...). 

But thanks to the forces that be, the FR420 was in stock in the second quarter of 2013 & here it is now. I'm not a sucker for the sunburst finish which was not the reason I held back but the FR420 sports an ash body while the FR320, mahogany. It's not about any superiority issues- no. I just prefer mine to be a little brighter because of the pickups I am gonna put in there. 

One more thing, my friends. The FR320 is also offered in white but this is a regional exclusive finish (meaning: offered in some countries only, it's not offered in the USA) & it's discontinued so if you like it white, grab one while it's still available. Also, the FR420 is not offered in the USA, the FR320 is not offered in Japan. This means, we are one of the fortunate people to have both models in the stores here. Here are some prices (NETT) for your reference:
  • FR320 (black): SGD549
  • FR320 (white): SGD630
  • FR420 (sunburst): SGD639
Thank you, brother FAIZAL (Swee Lee BB), for the assistance, as always :-)

3 comments:

andreasch said...

Woah, mine is fr2620 prestige. It looks the same with 420. Dark brown sunburst. I bought it for around s$2000 that time . The specs are more or less the same? Maybe the neck profile is diferrent and pearl dots too.

subversion.sg said...

i've tried the Prestige FRs- didn't buy...

Unknown said...

Where in N.Z. can you get an FR420 for $639 ? Thanks.