Monday, September 2, 2013

Project subtraction (6). Reprise...

One of my major consideration was the headstock- to keep or not to keep the finish? I stuck with the original colour to prove a point. If the headstock was black, I know I'd get less mention about it not matching the body. It seems that black is a universally acceptable colour despite it being increasingly mundane. 

In fact I chose a white pickup to imply a colour coordination with the headstock. The body colour is a strange colour, it's not really blue, it's not really grey either. It's actually inspired by Tosin Abasi's signature model but I guess I'd never acquire that exact hue unless I really get the colour codes from Ibanez.

5 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

X2N od D-Activator X?

Ijau D. Koceng said...

*or

Unknown said...

Looks to me its x2n hehe

john said...

i have refinish S7420 refinish to natural colour but the headstock still black, done by previous owner of the guitar.. I wonder if we can refinish the headstock but at the same time maintaining the IBANEZ logo..

Jebong said...

Do you feel less empowered without the ibanez logo?