Friday, July 1, 2016

Summer Deluxe


Summer NAMM 2016- Fender did some upgrades to its Mexican Deluxe models: 22 frets, 2-point vibrato bridge, upper fret access 4-bolt neck joint, the works.


For this Roadhouse option, it comes with a trio of Vintage Noiseless pickups. What all this means- it gets increasingly difficult to spot a non-American Fender out there. If these get a positive reception from buyers, it would give Fender all the reasons to focus on their souped up Mexican makes slapping higher price tags on them, definitely. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Fender are going in the right direction with this to help those who dig that kind of thing, BUT, if I were to buy a 22-fret strat I'd still go for the Am Std model just because of 2nd hand value.

subversion.sg said...

It cuts both ways. If they focus on this move, it might possibly mean there will be less focus in the more affordable American models due to a very close price bracket. Won't be surprised if they are phased out entirely. The flip side- we now have quality Mexicans with branded upgrades which should still be affordable despite moving up in term of prices.

Unknown said...

I agree in terms of the affordability, but my prediction is that perhaps the combination of some body materials/finishes and features will stay exclusive to the Am Std range, simply because 'MURICA.

Jokes aside, I reckon if they do a Mex strat in Sienna sunburst with Ash body/RW fingerboard, I'd totally go for it. I recall playing an Am Std in that configuration and it was all I needed.

subversion.sg said...

I see it as an attempt to boost sales. The thing with Fender is, nobody quite wants an 'ordinary' model. Players feel 'safer' buying an up there model. Perk up an already successful formula & you might have a winner.