Saturday, April 11, 2020

Dragon departure


In a recent interview, long time Ibanez endorser, Herman Li (Dragon Force), gave his reason for leaving the camp:

Ibanez aren't able to make me the tool that I need to do my job.

I find this rather difficult to digest. I believe Ibanez can deliver a guitar to his liking but there are some things they are not willing to do in the name of commercial preservations. This is the reason why guitar greats like Petrucci, Gambale, Broderick & Henderson, among others, left & never looked back. I'm not saying this from an Ibanez fan's perspective per se. Like Li himself, I have other likings beyond my affiliations to Ibanez. However, I am not a pro endorser. My life doesn't depend on a manufacturer who can deliver me the exact tool for my trade. It is only respectable to say that we move on because we have other people who are more willing to look into our needs rather than slapping the hand that fed us. 

PIC: UG.com

3 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

other than PRS, there's also a Jackson prototype... hmm, decisions, decisions

subversion.sg said...

Recently, he did a BC Rich custom.

Hans G said...

PRS able to feed his "other" needs :)