Saturday, May 28, 2022

Aggression collective


Had been playing this combo since Friday. There's so much aggression in this pic:
  • Ibanez RG550. Pretty much the utilitarian guitar for anything distortion inclined. The neck profile might please some & irk the rest, acquired taste for what's 'right' for you. 
  • DiMarzio D Activator X. Often confused with the X2N with reference to the looks per se. One of the better pickups in my possession to supplement distortion, a little grizzly so needs some EQ tweaking at the amp end.
  • DAW Shred line pick. I've grown accustomed to this pick profile over time as it caters to my playing quirk. Very rewarding for me as I kinda use my pick to kill string while playing. 
So, does an aggressive music set up require one to invest in pointy guitars, active pickups & an equally pointy pick? Of course not.

No comments: