Tuesday, May 31, 2022

In memoriam: Covers


I'm still in Andy Fletcher mode so I'm doing this to re-live the memories by listening to others who are re-living those memories. I am sharing three Depeche Mode songs which are covered by other musicians & these are tasteful interpretations, firmly rooted in the genre embraced by the covering musicians. When I heard Jhonny Cash sing Nine Inch Nail's Hurt in the movie, Logan, this cover of Personal Jesus is another brilliant Cash cover which must be shared. Melancholy at its finest. 


This one preserves the genre authenticity - Behind the Wheel, by the Argentinian act, Voil Tage. Brilliant & impressive effort all round.


This is here because: 1) I am the Faceless fan 2) This is the genre I thrive on. It's darn difficult to manifest a Depeche Mode song in this genre but I must say this was done well, without losing the song's essence (Shake the Disease).

Thank you for taking time to check out my indulgences. We say goodbye to May in memory of many things, Andy Fletcher included.

No comments: