Wednesday, January 4, 2023

EH: Snake-stortion (3)


This is my concluding entry pertaining to the EH Snake-stortion. I got this instruction late; I wanted the brand name screened onto the pedal but all labels had been printed. Consolation - sticker which I pasted onto the baseplate. I just want to be proud of the fact that a certain brand name listened & helped me conceive my ideas. So, there.


How the pedal's innards look like; very neat & tidy. Pro-level workmanship indeed. Personal signature of the EH mastermind, Mr. Khian, in gold. As you can see, the pedal was ready in early December of '22.


This was something I inserted myself; a cushion for the battery. I hear the battery rattling in the enclosure when it was moved around so that was an easy fix. Initially, there were no intentions to run it on battery but I decided to include this feature as a final instruction. In the event that no isolated power supply could be employed for the pedal, the battery alternative is the way to go. This actually happened to me not too long ago. During a sharing session, the venue had a limited power outlet so my amp, effects & computer had to share a power source which proved to be too much for the pickup; every time the distortion pedal was activated, feedback happened. The squealing was excessive & ear-piercing. Even when I played clean, there was a background buzz to that was the limit for me. I was caught off guard. 

OK folks, that was pretty much the highlight of my 2022 which was gloom & doom mostly. I would want to remember it for this pedal which was above my expectations. I kept things simple, more importantly, I included features that serve my needs, no fancy graphics, no fancy knobs, no fabled capacitor, stuff like that. Objectivity was key. Please visit Elektrik Head pedals to see what's on offer. More importantly, you might want to contact them to get things going. You can reach EH at Face Book (CLICK) & IG (CLICK)

No comments: