Thursday, January 12, 2023

Jeff Beck: 1944 - 2023


Guitardom today mourns the passing of Jeff Beck. When I first listened to him, I was turned off because back then it was shred fest for me, Malmsteen, Vai, Satch et al. I revisited Jeff Beck for his unique approach to guitar playing. He's doing his own thing with fingers & to me that was the ultimate image of rebellion.  When I listen to him these days, it's because I'm in need of inspiration; absolutely nothing to do with technique. This is indeed a great loss, having someone who is incomparable & being the icon of individuality, gone, is a pronounced departure for sure. Leaving you with the Jeff Beck tune with an everlasting pick-me-up power (still on my playlist):


Pic: Only Solitaire

1 comment:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

through this blog I knew Seymour Duncan JB Model origin