Saturday, September 26, 2009

Beherit: Engram

Engram is the industry's accolade to Beherit's black metal involvements. It's deemed to be the worthy successor to Drawing Down the Moon.

If you were expecting a stellar release by the band because reviews everywhere are tagging superlatives to it, be mindful it's a black metal medium where 'fantastic' is readily someone else's 'regretable'. However, we need to keep Engram in context, in planet black metal, this is indeed a release worthy of praise. Marko Laiho & company took their time to draw inspiration from Burzum et al to give us this haunting collection. Please excuse the Gothenburg-esque guitar tone (think: Entombed/ Dismember)...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sub. Jaron here. My amp has recently acquired a huge buzz, when there's distortion. usually, the buzz is not that loud but for some reason, there's this sudden huge buzz and annoying feedback that can only be stopped if I hold on to all the strings. I guess it's the cable problem right? so just wanna get some advice on what cables should I get? I'm looking at lava cables and custom canare cables with amphenol plugs. which is better? and how do I ground my amp? I'm still on a 2-pin.

subversion.sg said...

bro- you can look out for any low-noise cables to try, regardless of the brand name. this should be your working basis, the different brand names only vary the output, they are still quiet.

which amp is this? is your power cable detachable? if it is, pas it to me- i'll swap it with my 3-pin version :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm using the Peavey Envoy 110.

Would u mind confirming that the problem is the cable?

Here are a few things I did recently:
- Made use of the Drive Channel, cos I usually use my BOSS MT-2 on clean channel.
- Changed my strings to elixir polyweb.

Also, I was using my acoustic simulator just now. and there was a significant hum, considering I'm playing clean. and when I switched to the Drive channel, BOOM, the hum was crazy.

subversion.sg said...

bro- sounds like you need a 3-pin plug. can i pass you mine to test? :-)

Anonymous said...

sure, but gotta be somewhere after next week cos i'm having my promotional exams next week.