Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Swing: Jazz Studio

I also managed to get my hands all over this wonderful piece of Swing craftsmanship while I was at SV; the Jazz Studio model.

My episodes with basses are few & far between but I can't resist this bass simply because it's sheer attraction. Upon handling, it's perhaps one of the very few instruments there which I can deem as flawless. The tones on offer are simply incredible lots of definition (for all you dweebs who solo with your low-enders...) & thump on board. I simply love the neck feel/ profile; less fumbling, definitely.

However, at the end of it all, you'd be reluctant to part with $1K for a less accomplished brand name, yes? Because you worry too much about its re-sale value as oppossed to its fantastic performance as a praise-worthy tool, that's why.

Swing Jazz Studio
List: $1,100
Available @ Standard Value

PS: Darling, you like my bass-playing?