Sunday, September 20, 2009

LTD/RG

These are my 2 most played guitars of late:
  • Ibanez RG321: This is my no-frills RG. I keep coming back to this guitar for these fundamental reasons; (1) feels good (2) sounds appealing. It's equipped with Duncans- Distortion (N) & Custom (B). Some friends deem this combination rather foolish because the Distortion is more ferocious in the neck position but my intention was for my solos (usually done with ths pickup) to be more pronounced & I'd like clarity here as well.
  • LTD M-53: I have this guitar out on the stand while playing others, I usually stop playing whatever guitar's in hand & starts playing the M-53. This is also one of my few guitars with default pickups in tact, the set-up was also superb right from the start, there were no further tinkering done- a reminder of how some of the lower-priced guitars could be so right if we look hard enough. We must also not be dismissive of the lesser instrument before we know what's in store for the money.

No comments: