Saturday, June 12, 2010

Marty Friedman: EXHIBIT B Live in Japan

This is a blazing performance by Marty Friedman. I simply love the guitar tones here; clear, full-on tube rage without the muffled output. The company which keeps Marty going is a true & tested trio of Jeremy Colson (Drums), Chris Catero (bass) & Ron Jarzombek (guitars).

Watching pros like Friedman play make me re-assess my guitar playing philosophy, often asking the question why I embrace the guitar in the first place. Knowing there are people out there who are more accomplished in this art form, then what am I playing for?

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

did he use PRS or still ibanez?

subversion.sg said...

he's now not exclusive to a single brand name, currently favouring Ibanez/ PRS/ Gibson.

in that LIVE DVD, it's all the blue Ibanez SZ-based signature model & his tone was huge.

marty_fan said...

where can i get the DVD? I can't find it in local CD stores.

subversion.sg said...

this is a personal order from Inokii music @ Far East Plaza.