Friday, June 18, 2010

Wish it was back (Part 2)

Firehouse will be performing here soon (without Bill Leverty... sad) but every time the ad comes on TV, I'd be reminded of the Yamaha Pacifica 1221 which was one of the finest shred-type guitars I've come across. The Pacificas were hung up for display on the walls of Yamaha Music back then (@ Plaza Singapura), when I was in-store to meet Beez (who was an employee there back then), he would bring one down for me to noodle with till he finished doing my pickup swap. Those were the days when I was too distracted by Ibanez to fully appreciate everything else that came my way, this Pacifica included. The situation today is such that all the Pacificas are removed from the catalogue, less the 112/ 212 versions which are the lowest tier residents in this series. We understand Yamaha has to account for our motorbikes & motorized boat engines, among others, so if there is a shift in focus for the manufacturer, we would understand completely. Sure. Yeah. Right.

3 comments:

idl3mind said...

me too. I loved the pacifica models from the 90s

Ijau D. Koceng said...

even cooler if it comes in green :)

Anonymous said...

dude my sentiments exactly man. wish i was born earlier so I could get hold og thses stuff