Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The bleeding

So the bleeding continues. I've mentioned this before, not too long ago. That one featured my other Gibson hard case, housing my LP Standard. This one  here, is the resting place of my LP BFG.

When the instrument comes into contact with the hard case's interior lining, there's some 'digging' going on over time. When this happens, the glue would bleed through the lining & comes into contact with the instrument.

This part shows the guitar's input jack area, reacting with the bleeding glue; note the rust-like colouration here.

The string indentations here is a good sign, really- it shows the hard case interior clamping down the instrument so it doesn't move when you carry it around. But the bleeding really hurts...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just got my BFG in the mail today from someone, and I noticed the case looks the same, over the string area there is some browning, I thought came from the guitar perhaps. Interesting to see it is the glue from the case!

BTW, have you ever ever settled on some replacement pickups yet? I find the tone absolutely dreadfully thin and bright at the moment with the BB3.

(you and I share a lot of the same tastes...I am also an SZ fan, having an SZ720FM, and just picked up a great SZ2020 a couple of weeks ago. It absolutely blows this new BFG away at the moment...Thinking of tossing in a Nailbomb I have, or an El Diablo (current loose pickups).
I had an SZR as well, but absolutely hated it, and traded it right away for a fixed bridge Xiphos.

subversion.sg said...

yes, i've settled down with a Duncan C5 in the bridge & left the default neck P-90 in tact, i have limited love for Gibson humbuckers & find the replacement necessary. here: http://theguitaraddict.blogspot.com/2009/10/c5bfg.html

the brightness of the inherent tone would linger due to the body's chambered nature. this coupled with the unfinished wood from head to toe (from headstock to body tip, actually...) would make the brightness rather excessive.