Sunday, June 6, 2010

Old school references

I was into Seymour Duncan pickups in the early '90s. My references were guitar magazines featuring Duncan ads which often highlighted the flavour of the moment, so the Screaming Demon was my first introduction into all things Duncan as George Lynch was busy with his (Lynch Mob) Wicked Sensation release back then. I spent hours at the MPH bookstore which used to be at Victoria Street, looking at the various Duncan ads & could remember many models off hand.

This continued until I met Beez who was still working at Plaza Singapura back then with Yamaha (now known as Beat Spot). I kept talking to him about the the Screaming Demon which was shipment in transit (I waited like 6 months for it...), when Yamaha took refuge temporarily at Suntec City to make way for a major Plaza Singapura facelift, you guessed it- the Duncan had not arrived but the catalogues were available for personal perusal. Beez gave me a copy knowing my deep interest in this pickup brand & he kept supplying me copies every year without fail hence the ones you see in the above pic. Those were the days when internet was of privileged use & broad band surfing was unthinkable. The best references were still hard copy literature.

No comments: