Thursday, May 26, 2011

LTD: Vintage 204

The relic finish of LTD's Vintage 204 is the flavour of the moment which does nothing to tone. In any case, it's a pseudo relic implement; you can't feel the bare wood as there's a layer of finish over it. I give the 204 a thumb's up in terms of tone, it has a great boomy voicing despite the single coil pickups in there. The rosewood fretboard did well to inject some warmth in the mix.All for a sub-$500 price tag.

Product availability: Davis GMC (please call for a price quotation: 6337 5092)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the awesome info! :) I really need to get a new electric...my old one is failing me. Will check out the LTD!!

I really like your blog - I'm trying to get mine off the ground and was wondering if you could come check it out and consider following.

http://www.guitartrump.blogspot.com/

Hope you have an *amazing* day! :)

Alex

Ijau D. Koceng said...

have u tried squier vintage modified p-bass? especially this one

subversion.sg said...

bro! thanks for dropping by :-) will make it a point to visit yours as often as possible. keep blogging, my friend!

subversion.sg said...

bro ijau! no experiences with that one but i tried this one many times: http://squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303080502