Friday, May 6, 2011

Saving hand

It's not quite obvious here but the action adjustment screws in my Brian Moore i91 were protruding & jabbing my picking hand palm each & every time I play this guitar.

But I've substituted them for Graph Tech's FerraGlide saddles which are more palm-friendly as depicted above. Due to my picking aggression, those protruding screws tear up my palm every time I play so the FerraGlides help. However, after reading this entry, many of us would be interested in acquiring them in an attempt to address a similar issue but be informed that the FerraGlides were conceived to, first & foremost, counter string snapping at the saddle area- the reason for the graphite bits there.

4 comments:

JAIRO said...

bro aku ada masalah fret level ni.. arrgghh tak tau nak buat macamana la... arrgghhh

subversion.sg said...

check if:

1. fret not inserted properly- just need a simple hammer-in

2. if fret worn out (slightly) then can go for fret re-dress

3. several frets worn out- re-fret... & not cheap, this one :-(

JAIRO said...

haiya.. thanx bro... i remember lagi satu ur entri bout ur kasi level ur string plak... nw i perasan jugak my flyod ross bridge kan dia punya string atas E & A slightly ke bawah banding dgn yang lain causing ada sound buzzing di beberapa fret... ada my fren suggest i supaya simpan itu saddle shim... what do you think? thanx...

bout the fret i'll check it later i think mmg kena refret la gitar tu.. heheh old guitar... huhuhuhuh

subversion.sg said...

saddle shims are necessary for Floyd Rose bridges & the derivative models as the string saddles in there do not posses height adjustment features like others.