Sunday, August 21, 2011

Creamy Jack

Woke up this morning & gave a fresh set of (Pyramid) strings to my Jackson. Decided to play while waiting for the newspaper to arrive at the door-step but that lasted for 2 hrs... The (Fuchs) Plush Cream goes well with Duncans, definitely. I love how the Jazz (neck) sounded super creamy with lots of saturation in tact- this is important to me:
  1. So that I don't sound wimpy
  2. So that the noise gate would be triggered all the time
When you next re-string your guitar, do tune it sharp & let it rest for a few minutes or so, proceed to re-rune your guitar. Why do this? It's as good as stretching your strings & re-tuning it afterwards. I stopped yanking my strings to stretch them because they sometimes snap.

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

how sharp (recommended) it has to be? half-step or whole step?

XenoZeno said...

Still prefer to yank rather than putting them sharp.
Haven't had problems with them breaking.

subversion.sg said...

For whammy equipped guitars, I 'yank' them using the whammy but for fixed bridge guitars, these days, I do them sharp then re-tune.

Bro ijau: I usually do a half-step up with my .009s...

Hoalanso Bundle said...

Koleksi tshirt baru seperti Lamb of God, Black Sabbath, The Beatles, ACDC,The Smiths,Misfits,Metallica dll serendah RM25 - http://hoalanso.blogspot.com