Monday, August 22, 2011

The nut case

This was the label stuck on the rear cavity cover of my Omen 7 & 8. It means that my Schecters were equipped with Graphtech's Black Tusq nuts at the factory.

Is this a case of stamping superiority on one's product? 'Superiority' here is subjective but whatever's the case, I am happy to know that Schecter made a wise inclusion for its guitars. We often overlook the nut's importance when it comes to tuning stability. We often do not make sure it is suitably slotted & lubricated for a reliable performance. 

Thumbs up to Schecter for this.

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

my (newly acquired) 12-stringer acoustic sports a plastic nut and saddle... does replacing it with bone or graphite-based nut/saddle cost a bomb?

subversion.sg said...

bro... my last nut job was less than $30 ;-)

naz said...

Where did you get your nut job done? Good price...

subversion.sg said...

@ SV bro :-)