Friday, August 12, 2011

S-series: Wish list

These are the S-series made available for the US market but not offered here (wish they were...). I am keeping my Ibanez acquisition focused on the S-series because they are the models I prefer over the RG. The QM top here is a mere laminated layer but it adds a touch of class to the overall finish.

The S770PB sports a satin finish & a poplar burl top. I have a soft-spot for a lacquer-free top as it adds sting to the guitar's top end without relying too much on the pickup performance. There's a 770 model available here but it features a flame maple top which is, em... nothing extraordinary. 

But this maple fretboard S570MQM is priority before 2011 comes to a close. Simply stunning...

6 comments:

JAIRO said...

yang merah tu cun~~

Stacey Lim said...

hi do you know where I can find bc rich guitars in singapore? Especially the Mockingbird Pro X. It'll be a plus if you know the current price of it. I'm also keen about the Ibanez FR1620 but I've heard of reviews that it is not really good and I think it will be about sgd2k here.. Please advise thanks!

subversion.sg said...

hi :-) BC Rich guitars are available @ Davis GMC but the selections are limited. if you have a particular model you wish to acquire, BGW can help.

the FRs are available here, after the in-store discount, it'll be in the upper end of $1K.

Stacey Lim said...

thanks for the swift reply! What's BGW? I tried googling about it and it turns out to be an online store? Are there any physical shops that carries B.C. Rich Guitars?

subversion.sg said...

BGW = Bluegrasswoods, click the icon @ the left column here :-)

DeadEye said...

maple fretboard S series FTW!!