Monday, August 15, 2011

Schecter: Omen 7

I've been neglecting the 7-string; these days I play my 6s & resort to the 8 if there were moments that require lower notes peddling. So today, after Janet alerted me to the arrival of my Omen 7, I headed out to town despite the flu bout... 

As stated on the headstock truss rod cover- Omen 7. This is the entry level tier of Schecter's offering but the QC on show would shame many other costly instruments. I like everything about the Omens; they are really no-frills guitars fit for the beginners or seasoned players alike, who wish to focus on play rather than be over-delighted with instrument cosmetics.

I've chosen the lacquer-free finish for all my Omens (my upcoming Omen 8 included), I simply love the brighter acoustics because this does good to the overall heftiness of the instrument. Based on my personal encounters, I know this finish type compliments many Tesla pickup models which are what I will purchase in time to come, to replace the default pickups.

10 comments:

sqoobs said...

Bro,

Sorry to use this blog space of yours. Just wanna voice this out. Because i'm rather disappointed with Davis' service.

Janet,

If you are reading this, pls ask your husband why he told me that Davis can only bring in Schecter Omen7 in black color. I wanted this walnut finish, but he told me he is not able to order for me.

My name is Patrick. Ask him to check his records. He did call me a few times to follow up. For that, i appreciate his efforts.

subversion.sg said...

yo bro :-) i didn't specifically ordered this one either... i asked them if they could bring it in as & when shipment is due- no pecific dates were confirmed also, just waitied... & waited... he he...

sqoobs said...

Bro,

The fact is, he claimed that there's no way for them to bring in this Walnut finish. And then, they managed to bring in. The reason he gave is something like they could not place such order.

So, fine, i gave up.
And then i saw your post.
You can imagine how disappointing it is.

Ian said...

Bro! how much did you get it for? Mine's due in dec, ordering with a friend

subversion.sg said...

that's right bro, for the lower end Schecters, they can't pick a finish to be made available, it's more like confirming quantity only, whichever versions make it here, they'll only know once they are here.

i asked them about it way back in March- the reply was that they couldn't confirm which finish will make it here but they could get back to me if the satin version is one of them. so it's a few shipments later (that's about 5 months of waiting...), after almost forgetting i wanted one, i finally got the good news :-)

Loki said...

I wonder wat tesla u would be getting..

subversion.sg said...

in the mean time, i find the default pickups very acceptable :-)

White v2.1 said...

Davis service dam poor!!! Serious! A victim of being looked upon here!! Too bad la it pays to know a person...special treatment if u r close with a staff...

White v2.1 said...

*looked down upon

Godsmen said...

I got the same answer too. Quite disappointed with it I agree totally man. Not Pointing fingers at you bro subversion just wondering why Davis service never change after all this years. Any way u all wanna get any guitar can try amazon. Cause the walnut finish I actually did managed to get a order through to Singapore. It's possible at fraction more money only. Hope this help for you.