Monday, September 12, 2011

Jackson Dinky: JS20

Last Saturday, I was left out of some visiting plans because I had to attend to an item collection. I could not refuse this meeting because it would imply that I was being evasive. So I was home alone with no dinner & the decision was simple- dine out. While I was at it, why not drop by the Swee Lee sale despite the late hours & oblivious to the store's imminent closing time.

There was this Jackson Dinky JS20, a rather old model (discontinued- note the 22 frets, current replacement, the JS23, features 24 frets) which was dusty & the corroded strings in there were only fit for zombie guitarists... because if they were infected by tetanus, they weren't alive to begin with. The good thing was, I remembered ever trying this guitar some time back (maybe a year ago...) & trusted it was still functional. By the time you read this, I would have given it a fresh set of strings & done the ritual set-up for new instruments in my possession. 

To be cont'd...

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

because of the HSS right?

subversion.sg said...

no particular appeal :-)

Loki said...

The body has a coating of lacquer finish on it? I was wondering if it will be nicer without that coating and give it a matte feel. xD hehehe

subversion.sg said...

yes, it's a finished body, a satin finish would be more appealing for me but it plays well :-)