Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gibson: Les Paul 50s Tribute (humbucker)

Yes, if you are familiar with the Gibson bag featured in the initial post, the new guitar is a Gibson Les Paul 50s Tribute humbucker version. I especially like how Gibson manufactured this guitar, it's basically a bare-bones instrument just made to deliver. As such, the satin finish is a thumbs-up from me. I'm not sentimental about the '50s era fundamentals incorporated into this instrument because they are not significant contributors to tone. The accuracy of the '50s details were also not not in its entirety; bit-part incorporation at best. To be done soon:
  • instal Orange Drop caps
  • new humbuckers (most probably a pair of fierce Duncans)
  • coil-split switch

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

i thought u don't fancy les pauls... it's ur 2nd les paul right? after BFG

subversion.sg said...

I embrace good guitars, the LP is the least likable for me. My 4th LP...