Friday, July 19, 2013

Ibanez: AR325

I ended Friday by testing this guitar- Ibanez's AR325 (at Swee Lee BB branch). This isn't a fresh idea by the manufacturer, in fact, it's a regurgitation of the Artist series. The new feature here are those mini 3-way toggle switch to provide parallel & split modes in addition to the standard humbucking mode. I kinda ignored this guitar in its previous incarnation because it sounded too much like an SG which was in need of a slightly clearer sounding pickups. However, this 2013, the AR is equipped with a pair of Super 58s so while hearing it in action, I was reminded of why I look up to these pickups, not because they are crazy high output units, because they are good in clean & driven settings without trying to be something else- it's not living in the shadows of any other Ibanez models (as far as I know). No list price as at testing time. Hmm...

No comments: