Tuesday, July 23, 2013

KOMPed

As you would have recalled reading in these entries, I'm not quite a pedal fan but time & again, I see greatness in some pedals I come across & wouldn't hesitate buying them to reinforce my tone. My latest addition is this little wonder (it's smaller than your credit card- ha!) is a Hotone Komp pedal- a compressor unit from the Skyline series.

I really wish majority of the compressor units out there are effective as this one; it adds much saturation to whichever drive/ distortion unit you couple it with. I'm currently placing it before the drive/ distortion source & it's simply great! You'd hear immediate & marked injection to your tone, increases pick sensitivity as well. If you like cascading 2 drive/ distortion sources into each other, try replacing one of those pedals with a compressor- hear more of the same but at a heightened performance, that's my best take on the situation. 

Hotone pedals are available at SV Guitars, they are smaller-than-your-palm units aimed at giving more tonal performance & the obvious sacrifice here is its inability to be powered by a battery, PSU is the only way to go.

No comments: