Thursday, July 25, 2013

Modern Players Gen 2

These are the new additions to Fender's Modern Player series. If you are new to this range of Fenders, the Modern Players are China-made instruments which are superb in terms of QC per se. I was skeptical initially but after trying one, I was hooked to one of the first generation offerings, the Marauder. Seen here from L-R (all price references are MSRPs):
  • Strat HSH: Mahogany body Strat- heck, yeah!! (USD599.99)
  • Jazz Bass V satin (USD839.99)
  • Jazz Bass satin (USD759.99)
  • Jazzmaster HH (USD699.99)
  • Mustang (USD699.99)
  • Dimension bass (USD699.99)
At least one of the guitars is a sure acquisition for me, highly likely- the HSH mahogany Strat. That Dimension bass is also very attractive albeit a long scale model which I know I would struggle with.

No comments: