Sunday, July 28, 2013

An eclipse morning

The first thing I did today was to re-string my ESP Eclipse. This is perhaps the most comfortable singlecut design I've come across & I'm glad I own it. I'm not a fan of active pickups but they are incredible in this guitar. This guitar has a set of locking tuners which stabilized tuning, especially for string which do not travel straight to the machine heads. Gibson could have done this to their guitars but we know too well that they won't do it as a standard feature. The body features a ribcage bevel which helps to keep the instrument snug against the player's person, once more, Gibson could have done it to theirs but let's not shoot them excessively for what they could have refined. Let's not forget that there are many other guitar manufacturers out there, if you don't fancy a certain brand name for its implements, there are alternatives to embrace.

3 comments:

YusTech said...

Very bice looking guitar there

Ijau D. Koceng said...

eclipse, very desirable shape for a singlecut metal-oriented player

seahzyang said...

"if you don't fancy a certain brand name for its implements, there are alternatives to embrace"
Very nice !