Sunday, August 3, 2014

My time with Dime

This is Seymour Duncan's Dimebucker (SH-13). It's a signature product, one specified by the late Dimebag Darrell, to sit specifically in the bridge position. This isn't my initial encounter with the Dimebucker, I have it in another guitar: CLICK

After hearing sound clips of the Dimbucker & understanding its pedigree, I know it would benefit players who peddle bass notes. I reckoned it'd sit well with a baritone or extended scale guitar & I was right. My first Dimebucker continues to serve my Ibanez RGD321 well. The key to liking the SH-13 is understanding what it has to offer. It has an obscene amount of output with a ceramic magnet driving your output. If you favour distortion coming from your amp, the Dimebucker will do you good. What makes the Dimebucker different from the Distortion or the Custom for that matter, as these other pickups do the bottom end chugging very well too. The SH-13 has a more pronounced treble because that's the way Dimebag did his tone; he pinched & squealed harmonics without switching pickups so the bridge unit has to double up as a good bottom end feeder as well as a harmonic screamer. If you have a pressing need for ubiquitous harmonics, the SH-13 is it.

1 comment:

Godsmen said...

For sure the dime legacy goes on. I will too get this 1 fine day!!!