Saturday, August 9, 2014

49th year of excellence

Today is Singapore's 49th birthday. I'd like to wish my country a happy birthday because it's great living here. I can get my gear just by taking a ride to the stores. Elsewhere, people take time-off or wait for a timely break from work just to travel for gear acquisition. I appreciate this, I really do.

However, the recent occurrences had dark clouds looming over my country, whether the authorities are aware or acknowledge this presence or not- there is a dark presence. There are people bombing others out there over disputes we are not totally privy to but my country is actually transacting with one of the warring factions. I do not wish to be opinionated & let's face it; it's downright unintellectual to be moved by facts which are not subjected to full disclosure- it's called politics. On a personal note, I'm offended by the authorities that use 'Singapore' to manifest political opinions & allegiances. This country did not agree to anything that happened elsewhere, the politicians do & they should stop being collective on the people's behalf. If they have to make a stand over foreign affairs, then leave 'Singapore' out of it.

So instead of watching the parade on TV till the end, I turned it off after 20min or so. Regardless, this is my country & I wish her all the best & continuous prosperity but I will differ in my actions.

No comments: