Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Agile: Septor Pro 625 EB Nat Ash Custom (2)

I'm with simplicity these days. People warned me against being too simple to such an extent I am left with no options to vary my tone. Well, there are many of us out there who would rather work with the options we prefer & this is what I prefer in the mean time; bare minimum. Reason- more focus on ability than excessive tinkering. 

I've replaced the default Cepheus humbucker with a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker to complement the light ash body. The overall acoustics sound bright so the Dimebucker adds bottom end girth while accentuating the ash's brightness. Yes, that's quite the Dimebucker specialty- elevating that brightness into a rich harmonics content. It's quite the opposite of what a Duncan Pearly Gates would do, really. As usual, all re-wiring done by Beez, including the push-pull coil split (volume knob) option. If not for the push-pull affair, Beez would have done it under 10 minutes.

No comments: