Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekend noodling

It's the weekend. I kept things simple:
  • Aria: 615 Frontier
  • Maxon: OD808
  • Marshall: JVM 1W
There were no intentions to dwell in the clean realm so the JVM was utilized along with the OD808. The Aria has a high output humbucker in it so it was an all-out dirt affair. I had been in chromatic mode for some weeks now. It's not an attempt to revise my phrasings but it just opens up more connections between metal & non-metal ideas. If you embrace chromatics, you'd discover quite an endless avenue of what works. In fact, everything works, it's up to you to fit these chunks of ideas into your compositions. Isn't that great? You are in control of your ideas instead of being enslaved to finite scales.  

Anyway, this school of thought had forced me to utilize 4-notes per strings ideas more extensively & it worked wonders for finger strength. My left hand is currently quite independent from my right. Under lots of drive, I do not have to pick every note & that cleans up my playing tremendously.

No comments: