Sunday, September 24, 2017

Re-string Sunday


My Charvel DX-1 ST was given a re-string & wipe down today. Nothing excessive, just routine checks. The fretboard was dry so it received the re-moisturizing treatment. 


Nothing fancy, just a pack of Martin Darco 9-42 set. It's actually the first pack of strings I see when I opened my storage box. It was bought in June & still good to go. I remember wiping down the previous set thoroughly after each play but the corroded parts were near the bridge. A classic case neglecting the area where you least expected to be consumed by corrosion. 


Noticed an intense dust accumulation over at the headstock, so that was taken care of.


The interesting thing about this guitar is the binding. Rather excessive I would say as it covers the headstock, neck & body. Considering the price of this instrument, it was extremely well done. I'm not big on binding as it adds nothing to tone & has the potential to become problematic when a re-fret is due. So that's how the Sunday went. There was no initial plan to re-string this guitar but I'm the type who's bothered by oversight & string replacement is something that can be done rather easily. 

No comments: