Sunday, August 15, 2010

The other side

It's been a difficult weekend. Restlessness & anxiety smothered any real desire to play guitar. It might be the season to feel abysmal or a classic case of finding reasons to carry on what I am doing when I've always despised doing it. But I'm not one to let the restful weekend pass me by without making music. That's simply not me...

So today ended up being a different guitar day, one devoid of amplification. I would usually grab my Ibanez AF105 when such lows set in but the Talman was at the ready & it was my first & only resort. It's excessively difficult playing without a pick for me, I'm too accustomed to having that precision feel & playing with my fingertips simply messed up my approach to the guitar. I ended up playing self-conjured chords & whatever sounded nice, can't be too picky if one plays beyond one's comfort zone. It's like traveling to the other side of me where the potential exists but not the embrace. Having watched Antonio Forcione play before I picked up the guitar really helped. Sometimes, a simple inspiration is all it takes to get going.

Hopefully this new week has some revitalization in store.

No comments: